Today is Hug a Vegan Day, so consider yourself officially hugged! :)
Spread the love and if possible go hug every vegan you know. Give yourself (and any farmed or animal companions nearby) a huge hug too!
This time of year is filled with occasions to commemorate, celebrate or even mourn, so here are a few to keep in mind as the weather finally and blissfully gets cooler:
- September 30: Hug a Vegan Day
- October 1: World Vegetarian Day
- October 1: National Cut Out Dissection Month begins
- October 1-2: Worldwide Vegan Chalk Bomb
- October 2: World Day for Animals on Farms*
- October 10: Thanksgiving is Murder on Turkeys Day (in Canada)
- November 1: World Vegan Day (launching World Vegan Month)
- November 8: world watches anxiously to see if Clinton trumps Trump
- November 9: world still in disbelief that Americans let a reality star get this far
- November 24: Thanksgiving is Murder on Turkeys Day (in USA)
- November 25: Cruelty-Free Friday
- November 29: National Giving Day
Being vegan, even when it feels that progress is maddeningly slow, is the best gift you can give yourself, your loved ones, and even those you find a bit more challenging to love. The world IS changing, and we WILL get there!
* Ironically, the next court date for Toronto Pig Save's Anita Krajnc takes place the day after World Day for Animals on Farms, and the second court date falls right on World Vegan Day.