As you know, I've been playing with elevator pitches of late, and I've concluded that I may need as many pitches as there are circumstances, snort. And while I still like the last one I came up with, I'm thinking now that it's just too general. What I really want to convey right away is the WHO of my concern, so I've decided that I'm vegan because I don't want to support animal cruelty might just be more on the mark.
Obviously, as a vegan, I don't support animal use either, but since other vegans aren't going to be asking me why I'm vegan, I need to tailor the message to the audience. So, depending on whom I'm speaking to, I want a variety of pitches handy but with the focus being on other beings rather than health or environment. Therefore, future pitches might include:
- I'm vegan because I don't believe in violence
- I'm vegan because I don't want to support animal cruelty
- I'm vegan because I don't want to contribute to animal exploitation
- I'm vegan because I believe in justice for all beings
- I'm vegan because it's the right thing to do
- I'm vegan because it's the Christian thing to do
(when speaking to Christians for example)
- I'm vegan because... What about you? What pitches do you use or prefer?
- I'm vegan because I can't NOT be vegan (Tom's line in comment below -- thanks!)